Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

Re: installer?

From Sweden
Group:
Brilliant!

I'm going play around with this, trying to set up something that I can use to build and run AROS hosted on right now.

Posted on: 7/10 10:56
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Group:
as you see ive got no syntax right and commented out the line that is trying to detect OBJ source files. havent seen that kind of stuff in aros makefiles anyway, and simply hardcoded them for now. now cflags and includes need to be adjusted for gui.cpp i guess. there is only few undeclared symbols left for linking. i think aros may need an ifdef with come include that is other place, like cybergraphics or so, but because its so many errors it gets lost in my scrollback. need to adjust that.

Posted on: 7/10 11:17

Group:
you need to add -DNOLIBINLINE to USER_CFLAGS..

furtherly there is:

Quote:

In file included from /home/wawa/aros-x86-630/bin/pc-i386/AROS/Developer/include/mui/TheBar_mcc.h:28:0,
from /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/InstallerLG/build/../src/gui.c:17:
/home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/InstallerLG/build/../src/gui.c: In function 'InstallerGuiWelcome':
/home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/InstallerLG/build/../src/gui.c:596:17: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'typeof'
get(usr, MUIA_Radio_Active, &pat);
^
/home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/InstallerLG/build/../src/gui.c:596:17: error: 'union ' has no member named '__zune_val_storage'; did you mean '__zune_get_storage'?
get(usr, MUIA_Radio_Active, &pat);
^

and im not sure if this is mui/zune incompatibility. probably it will also be solved with a define. looking into it.

Posted on: 7/10 11:51

Group:
not sure what about it atm.. look at:
workbench/libs/muimaster/macros.h line 256..

Posted on: 7/10 12:03

From Sweden
Group:
I started look into the AROS build system as well. The problem in this case is that gui.o must be built using one set of USER_CFLAGS and all the other *.o ones with another set. I'll do some more digging.

Posted on: 7/11 4:21

From Sweden
Group:
Wow, the documentation is really nice. Got some reading to do.

Posted on: 7/11 4:39

From Sweden
Group:
I think I have something that works.

I realized that I need to strip and simplify the building process if it's going to be a good fit for the AROS build system.

So, if you clone the latest revision of InstallerLG you will find a new directory in there; 'dist/aros'. If you enter 'dist' and do a 'make aros' the 'aros' directory will be populated with everything you need to build InstallerLG in the AROS tree. If you dump these files in, let's say, 'workbench/utilities/InstallerLG', you should be good to go (knock on wood).

It's a bit crude, I simply disabled all warnings. I should fix them instead of course. But it's a start.

Posted on: 7/11 7:12

Group:
as it is now "make aros" simply copies soouurce files into aros subfolder. im not sure ts necessary, why not compile them from where they are simply specifying the path? and then
invoking "make workbench-utilities-installerlg" creates a gui.o oject in target /bin/amiga-m68k/gen/local/InstallerLG/dist/aros.
and after it breaks because the installer source lacks main (?):
Quote:

[MMAKE] Making workbench-utilities-installerlg in local/InstallerLG/dist/aros
Linking AROS/Utilities/Installer...
Link failed: /home/wawa/aros-m68k-630/bin/linux-i386/tools/crosstools/m68k-aros-gcc -o /home/wawa/aros-m68k-630/bin/amiga-m68k/AROS/Utilities/Installer -linstallerlggui -ldebug
There are undefined symbols in '/home/wawa/aros-m68k-630/bin/amiga-m68k/gen/local/InstallerLG/dist/aros/Installer':
U main
mmakefile:798: recipe for target '/home/wawa/aros-m68k-630/bin/amiga-m68k/AROS/Utilities/Installer' failed
make[1]: *** [/home/wawa/aros-m68k-630/bin/amiga-m68k/AROS/Utilities/Installer] Error 1
[MMAKE] make --no-print-directory TOP=/home/wawa/aros-m68k-630 SRCDIR=/home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS CURDIR=local/InstallerLG/dist/aros TARGET=workbench-utilities-installerlg --file=mmakefile workbench-utilities-installerlg failed: 512
[MMAKE] Error: Error while running make in local/InstallerLG/dist/aros: No such file or directory
Makefile:280: recipe for target 'workbench-utilities-installerlg' failed
make: *** [workbench-utilities-installerlg] Error 10

if you insist on building gui as link lib, it will be built in gen subdir as above (this is a subdir for all generated files, so that they do not pollute the source itself) and should be linked from there, i need to see why its not completing. and id relly propse to reconsider if copying sources is necessary. the simpler build process will be the easier it can be integrated with aros. id love to see if it could be contributed to aros one day, since it sorely lacks amiga compatible installer. it was alwways my complaint;)

Posted on: 7/11 16:15

Group:
ah, forget it, the lib has been built where it belongs, even zhou i probably woulnt even expose it. and linked, i guess, i see main is in lexer, must be sometging else, but im dumb now after whole day driving.

Posted on: 7/11 17:18

From Sweden
Group:
Quote:
as it is now "make aros" simply copies soouurce files into aros subfolder. im not sure ts necessary, why not compile them from where they are simply specifying the path?

The idea is to flatten everything that needs to be built and get rid of the the rest, to throw away everything that has to do with InstallerLG.git after fetching the contents of 'dist/aros'. In other words, the contents of 'dist/aros' are to be put in the 'InstallerNG' directory in the AROS tree, nothing else from InstallerLG.git is to be put there. There are things in InstallerLG.git that clearly do not belong in AROS, things for building aminet readme:s, lha-archives, tests that can only be executed on Linux and so on. By doing it this way we carve out the unnecessary (from an AROS perspective) things and simplify the build process at the same time.

Quote:
as it is now "make aros" simply copies soouurce files into aros subfolder. im not sure ts necessary, why not compile them from where they are simply specifying the path? and then
invoking "make workbench-utilities-installerlg" creates a gui.o oject in target /bin/amiga-m68k/gen/local/InstallerLG/dist/aros.

By doing it this way we can use the existing macros (and thereby reap the benefits of any build system maintenance work) while at the same time use a different set of compiler flags for the interpreter and the gui. Besides, the gui and the interpreter really are two different things, it makes sense to keep them apart anyway.

Posted on: 7/12 2:24

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.