Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users



« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »


Re: installer?

Joined:
2010/8/30 7:20
Group:
Member
Posts: 1366
Offline
Quote:

sTix wrote:
Very nice, I still haven't looked into how the AROS build systems works. I haven't read all the documentation either I'm afraid. I should do definitely do that.


the build system is very nice. in this respect you actually only do need to read the document i linked to imho.

aros source contains als sources for meta makefiles (mmakefile.src) you can look into those to identify the module (program, library, setion) name it is responsible for and use it as argument. for instance you look into fryingpan mmakefile.src to discover that you need to issue "make contrib-fryingpan" to build that module.

Quote:

I do most development on Linux, primarily because of Valgrind and Bison in this case. When I build AROS binaries, I do so natively, using a VM with Icaros Desktop.


it would be good to have aros completely build on itself. that would solve endless uncertanity, what is the proper development environment. but you dont need that. if you are using linux exclusive tools its best to debug and crosscompile i guess. btw there is some valgrind port for aros i guess, have never used such.

Quote:

I just did some 'installer script' hunting on Aminet and it seems I will be busy for a while before I try Aros68k. Something about dark corners and so on... :)


to be honest i also have enough to do. actually much more than im able to, so as far you get your way around yourself im very comfortable with it. if you have any questions about aros 68k just ask.

Posted on: 6/27 16:13
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: installer?

Joined:
2017/4/8 5:23
From Sweden
Group:
Member
Posts: 48
Offline
Quote:
the build system is very nice. in this respect you actually only do need to read the document i linked to imho. aros source contains als sources for meta makefiles (mmakefile.src) you can look into those to identify the module (program, library, setion) name it is responsible for and use it as argument. for instance you look into fryingpan mmakefile.src to discover that you need to issue "make contrib-fryingpan" to build that module.


Yes, judging from a very quick glance it seems quite transparent, not much magic involved compared to other "big" build systems integrating lots of small components from various sources.

Quote:
development environment. but you dont need that. if you are using linux exclusive tools its best to debug and crosscompile i guess. btw there is some valgrind port for aros i guess, have never used such.


I don't think it's possible to have something like Valgrind on Amiga like systems due to the lack of (full) memory protection and resource tracking. I've noticed that there are plenty of small tools that attempts to do some of the things that Valgrind do. The only one I use though is 'memleak' and often I find the output confusing (I simply don't understand the underlying system well enough to see the difference between my process, code executed on my behalf and code executed in some other unrelated context).

Quote:
to be honest i also have enough to do. actually much more than im able to, so as far you get your way around yourself im very comfortable with it. if you have any questions about aros 68k just ask.


Thanks alot for your support!



Posted on: 6/28 0:24
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: installer?

Joined:
2010/8/30 7:20
Group:
Member
Posts: 1366
Offline
probably its obvious, but what concerns debugging with fs-uae you might streamline your development when doing some moderate changes to your limited section of code you may just juse -quick extension to your module description any relaunch your binary in uae without even relaunching the emulator.

whats bit more pita and i didnt bother to figure out for good is the way to redirect fs-uae serial output back into the console. im using winue on windows host for it as im a bit lazy.

i could check out your sources to my local folder and attempt to help you add mmakefile for aros if you want.

Posted on: 6/28 5:19
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: installer?

Joined:
2017/4/8 5:23
From Sweden
Group:
Member
Posts: 48
Offline
It would be great if you could try to create a mmakefile. Im afraid I can't be of much help though. Im stuck with a phone for a week from now. Out traveling, off grid, almost :)

Posted on: 6/28 5:43
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: installer?

Joined:
2010/8/30 7:20
Group:
Member
Posts: 1366
Offline
no prob. ill see what i can do.

Posted on: 6/28 5:45
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: installer?

Joined:
2017/7/16 1:17
From Santander
Group:
Member
Posts: 64
Offline
Icaros desktop 221 and 222 error:
burn infrarecorder
impossible to analyze the project, it may be damaged. Return of the XML2 processor

Posted on: 7/3 11:46

Edited by The_Reaper on 2018/7/3 12:16:43
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: installer?

Joined:
2017/4/8 5:23
From Sweden
Group:
Member
Posts: 48
Offline
I've started to do some proper testing and fixing. I started with the version of YAM that is available on aminet and that one seems to work now.

My plan is to randomly proceed with the i386 packages on aminet that have an installer script.

It's a bit tedious, but I guess there is no other way.

The latest binary can be found here:

https://github.com/sodero/InstallerLG/releases

Posted on: 7/8 6:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: installer?

Joined:
2017/4/8 5:23
From Sweden
Group:
Member
Posts: 48
Offline
Quote:
Icaros desktop 221 and 222 error:
burn infrarecorder
impossible to analyze the project, it may be damaged. Return of the XML2 processor


I'm afraid I don't understand this. What package are you trying to install?

Posted on: 7/8 6:48
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: installer?

Joined:
2010/8/30 7:20
Group:
Member
Posts: 1366
Offline
Quote:

My plan is to randomly proceed with the i386 packages on aminet that have an installer script.


i think, properly you should test it with amiga software on 68k, most conveniently under emulation.

im sorry, i have not yet had the time to write mmakefile and build your project here. but ill do asap and then we should be able to build your program for just any aros supported platform inclusive amiga.

Posted on: 7/8 8:49
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: installer?

Joined:
2017/4/8 5:23
From Sweden
Group:
Member
Posts: 48
Offline
Quote:
i think, properly you should test it with amiga software on 68k, most conveniently under emulation.


Indeed, I'm not quite there yet though. When dealing with the YAM installer very basic problems (like syntax errors) showed up. I need get rid of all those first and to do that the target platform is not that important.

Quote:
im sorry, i have not yet had the time to write mmakefile and build your project here. but ill do asap and then we should be able to build your program for just any aros supported platform inclusive amiga.


No hurry :)

There's plenty to do on my side anyway before this can be really useful.

.

Posted on: 7/8 9:38
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer



« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 »



You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]


Search
Top Posters
1 paolone
paolone
4454
2 nikolaos
nikolaos
4175
3 magorium
magorium
4095
4 phoenixkonsole
phoenixkonsole
3942
5 deadwood
deadwood
2917
6 ncafferkey
ncafferkey
2810
7 mazze
mazze
2222
8 clusteruk
clusteruk
2113
9 damocles
damocles
1789
10 BSzili
BSzili
1530
© 2004-2018 AROS Exec