Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
11 user(s) are online (10 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 11

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Looking for some .a library under Aros 68k (& Aros PPC)

Group:
@AmiDARK

Some good information about porting to Aros.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Aros/Developer/Porting_software

There's a lot of information about makefiles on the web. Here's one that I like.

http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/doc/ug/larger/makefiles.html

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask here

Posted on: 2012/9/12 17:33
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Group:
@AmiDark

1) you dont have a makefile
just use gccopts on a 68k Amiga : it is old and obsolete but generate gcc makefiles very easily
http://uae.is.free.fr/GCCOPTS1.3.LHA

How to use it:
http://uae.is.free.fr/WinUAE_fran.htm

2) you have a PC makefile (better to use the linux one if present)
then just remove all the PC options like
OPTIONS = xxxx
CODEGEN = xxxx

Also if building a .library will need
OPTIONS = -nostartfiles

Alain Thellier

Posted on: 2012/9/13 0:19

Group:
Quote:

mazze wrote:

AROS' SDKs are at the bottom of:
http://aros.sourceforge.net/nightly.php
I don't know how they can be changed into a DevPak for AmiDevCPP. You might contact the AmiDevCPP maintainer:
http://amidevcpp.amiga-world.de/gazrt34.php?HR_LANG=english

Hi,

changing DevPaks is extremely easy:

1 - Just rename an existing xyz.devpak to xyz.tar.bz2
2 - Extract it
3 - Add/change the contents in the extracted Drawer (lib/include/etc.)
4 - Edit the Configuration textfile called yxz.DevPackage to tell the PackageManager where to copy your files.
5 - Compress the drawer with tar and then bzip2
6 - Rename it to xyz_version2.devpak

It is really simple and straightforward.

BTW. Maybe some clever Aros-Dev could change the nightly builds, to autocreate AROS-SDK.DevPak for AmiDevCpp automatically ?

Posted on: 2012/9/13 1:19

From Liancourt Saint Pierre - France
Group:
"But what I found sad is that on some other Amiga related website, peoples said "I have made a port of FTGL for various project I ported to Amiga" ... but no one was able to give the needed file ... :("

What I find sad from my side is that you post this kind of messages everywhere not even waiting for us to look at your answers, I have not much time to spend on Aros and would like to contribute more, and this kind of behaviour does not encourage me to spend the little time I have to help you.

Posted on: 2012/9/13 22:45

Group:
Yannickescu,

My project actually run on AmigaOS4 (release b0.6r2).
Before adding Freetype & FTGL (release a0.5) it also ran on MorphOS.

Now, with FreeType & FTGL I have more commands developed for the project and, it does no more run on MorphOS because the FTGL I've found is broken.

Then, don't you find normal that I ask several Amiga Forums for an help ?
I don't have time to wait "too much" (explained later in this post)... I know everyone have his life and cannot answer fastly... I don't argue you nor everyone else for not providing help, but I want to take the maximum of chances to get the answer so, excuse me if I asked on a forum devoted to AROS, another one related MorphOS and another one more global. Seriously, how many time can it take to someone having the library send me an e-mail with just the good file in ?
I know it's better to learn things (i.e : learn how MAKEFILE work) and I know enough to compile and modify my project but, when I'm face to files that make 48Kb for a makefile ... It may takes me hours to examine everything and understand how It work and.. as I code on my "free time" .. I don't have time to loose for this :(

The prove of this is that Kas1e provided me (on another amiga forum cf : http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... hp?topic_id=5525&forum=26 ) a build of the libftgl.a for AROS i386... so one step more for AROS release is done... but remain for PPC & 68k builds... so posting on several forums is good ... Like I said ... solution can be everywhere ;)

Following kas1e advices, I tried to migrate FTGL (official 2.1.3rc5 release) to MorphOS.
Installed the latest SDK ( I have an EFIKA )... It took times ... times ...
Copied the libFTGL 2.1.3rc5 uncompressed archive content.
Ran "configure" ... and ... after approx 10 minutes : "syntax error" ... i've checked the line .. everything seem normal .. a simple "if" statement .. so ... I don't know more .. and cannot fix this ... Tried to "make" the library ... "no rule"...

More to this, there are not always the same people on all forums (some people only like AmigaOS4, some others only MorphOS, some others Only AROS or AmigaOS 3.x ... and some like several OS(es)) .. so .. if the answer is not here ... it can be elsewhere (like I proved with kas1e case ;) ) ... That's why I asked on each Amiga forums I know (excepted amiga.org where I never get answers (Even when it's to post news about my project.) so, if my project don't interest them, I will not lose time in this (amiga.org) forum.

I don't have AROS in any of my computers but from what I've read, I found AROS really interesting.

What is really sad in globality, is that for AROS, MorphOS, AOS4, peoples that manage to compiles libraries like FTGL don't take 2 minutes to put them on Aros files, morphos files or Aminet ... We must never forget that our community is small ... and the more we share ports of free stuff ... the more we increase the capability of everyone to develop something interesting for our Amiga.

I go at the µAlchimie at Clerieux, France on 13/14th October. I'd like to present an AROS & AmigaOS 3.x (need graphic card & ppc) version of the AmiDARK Engine at this french "Amiga event"... but without this library .. And myself, being incapable to compile this library ... it will not be done ... So, I think you can understand that my time ... is limited ... so, I MUST get the maximum chances to get the library ... apparently some peoples have it...

I hope I have "lighted your lantern" concerning my case ;)

I think it may be cool to have the AmiDARK Engine available on all Amiga OS(es) so this GDK (Game Development Kit) may give his best. Just check at www.amidark-engine.com and you'll understand what this project is ;)

Kindest Regards,
AmiDARK

Posted on: 2012/9/14 0:34

From Hungary
Group:
If you allow me to give you an advice: don't be a martyr. Not everyone has instant access to the source/binary for everything they have ported once in the past. Especially if those files are on hard drives of broken machines, hardfiles of VMs, lost, etc. Explaining why it was so urgent in the first place would have been better than playing the victim.

Parables aside, I saw on your site, that you still didn't receive every library you need to compile AmiDARK for AROS. Which ones are still missing?

Posted on: 2013/1/4 3:53

Edited by BSzili on 2013/1/4 4:35:10

Group:
Hi BSzili, Thank you for your answer.

I don't want to "appear as a martyr" but maybe that when people say "I have a version on the HD", they may precise and say if they can or can't help me... leaving things in trouble, doubts is not good nor correct comportment.

AmiDARK Engine is a long and complex project to develop, I try to shorten time using some existing libraries.
Initially, the AmiDARK Engine was planed for AmigaOS4 only so, I have used it as reference for the libraries I look for.
With time to time, I decided to try to port my engine during development to other existing Amiga platforms.

I requested for help on morphos forums and, I've found someone that provided me the missing library (FTGL for MorphOS).

Here, it was a more complex people prefer say "you should compile it yourself, you are a coder" ... And as people don't know ... I'm not really a coder !!! I'm an enthusiast that learn C developing a project. A project I hope that will help other peoples develop faster.

And, I hate lost time doing things that I know many peoples have already done 50.000 times... I know people are not obliged to Help me! I'm an unknown! I'm anonymous like everyone on the web but, on our Amiga platform, the only OS I really find "friendly" help was AmigaOS4 one and I think it's a true pain... We are few and if we aren't able to help other to increase our Amiga platform product amount, when possible ... I doubt our Amiga platforms will survive many years without losing many enthusiasts on the road ...

More to this, I have spend many hours (lost for the main development then) trying to understand MakeFile system where all docs I've found are in *English* ... And it's not my native language (French) ... so ... Understanding docs is sometimes really hard! My needs in Makefile is really *small*. Projects developed with my library need really short makefile.

That's the reasonS of my previous reacts!

You can tell "I'm wrong", "I'm stupid" ... I can be considered in everything people wants. It's not a problem for me. I had a project. I'd like to develop it on the maximum of existing Amiga platforms but, there are things I will not do because I don't have time (to learn vast things that will be used once only) nor the requested knowledge to do these so, if something block me in the development of the AmiDARK Engine *on a precise platform*, I will simply put this platform in standby and if someday I can find the help, I'll restart the project on (if I get enough time for, when it will be possible).

I'm sorry BSzili, I don't take tha AROS community as hostage saying these. It's simply I don't want to *stress* nor complicate things for me.

Actually, with the latest AmiDevCPP Aros SDK here are the
missings libs :

i386-Aros :
ptreplay.library
medplayer.library

PowerPC-Aros :
FTGL
ptreplay.library
medplayer.library

X86/64-Aros :
FTGL
ptreplay.library
medplayer.library

68k-Aros/AmigaOS3.x :
Freetype
FTGL
ptreplay.library
medplayer.library

I will probably change the ptreplay.library & medplayer.library for the benefit of modplug.library that handle more file format.

Here is my actual state concerning missing library for AROS.

Kindest Regards & Happy new year 2013 ;),
AmiDARK

Posted on: 2013/1/4 5:29

From Hungary
Group:
I know how demoralizing "compile it yourself" can be. Unfortunately all Amiga NG platforms suffer from lack of manpower. You got lucky with AOS4, but you won't always find people who can grant your requests. No one said that you are stupid, or that your efforts aren't appreciated. Sometimes people get frustrated, but I hope this wont leave a bad impression.

I have no clue about amiga-style shared libraries. Maybe salass00 could compile AROS-versions for you, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort. IMHO using modplug would be a much better idea, since it supports a plethora of formats, including ProTacker and OctaMED. It's also available on every Amiga NG platform.

Posted on: 2013/1/4 6:25

Group:
BSzili,
In fact, concerning AmigaOS4, I searched for *existing* TPC library. so, I've found library(s) that helped me a lot (without asking anyone) and, due to the use of these library, porting AmiDARK Engine to other Amiga OS'es needed these library(s) and it's where the problem came but, I don't have time to rewrite what is in these library for the need of my engine so, I prefer concentrate continuying the engine and if someday library(s) appear on other Amiga OS'es, I'll adapt the engine to them ;)
yes, I know that I will not always find people that will be able to help, but I was a bit *frustrated* by an answer saying "I've already compiled it for a previous project (portage) that needed it" with no more informations.. Always in his HD ? not ? any informations that may help in porting the lib (FTGL in that case) to AROS builds ? ... :(

There is no problem for me, I must just only be patient and wait, probably that they'll be included in a future AROS(es) SDK release ? ;) And ..I'm not really a manpower on C/C++ coding .. I started learn C when starting the AmiDARK Engine and I think, the project get good progress (a bit slow but times is not always easy to free, because for coding, I cannot start coding without having 1/2 hours free to ... Otherwise it's too short to do things.

You're right, Modplug library is a better choice. I didn't know it exists when I integrated the PTReplay & MedReplay ones. Now that I know it is on many AmigaOS'es I'll change my functions to use it instead of older PTReplay & MedReplay ones.
It's planed in my "to do" list :p

Thank you for your answer.

Kindest Regards,
AmiDARK

Posted on: 2013/1/4 7:03

From Hungary
Group:
You are a bit idealistic. Sitting back patiently won't make third party libraries magically appear in the SDK.
If you don't plan to switch to modplug in the near future, I can help you with it. I don't know how your sources are structured, but if you send me the parts which deal with PTReplay and MedReplay, I can rewrite it to use modplug in no time.

Posted on: 2013/1/4 7:24

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]