Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

ch carte réseau

From Marseille
Group:
Salut les amis,

Je ne suis pas sûr que ce soit le bon endroit pour faire cette demande, mais, allez, je me lance.

Je cherche une carte réseau PCI reconnue par AROS. Ou bien un conseil sur les cartes du marché qui seraient susceptibles de fonctionner.

Vive Aros !
JS.

Posted on: 2013/3/1 7:05

Re: ch carte réseau

Group:
Hi oan3,

sorry for the english, my french is non-existance

Isn't this helpfull enough ?

Posted on: 2013/3/1 7:18
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

From Marseille
Group:
Quote:

magorium wrote:
Hi oan3,

sorry for the english, my french is non-existance

Isn't this helpfull enough ?

no probs guy.

I've already read this, but this is difficult -at least for me- to figure out wich hardware to buy today with that. It's just, I don't know how to begin...

Posted on: 2013/3/1 11:50

Group:
@oan3:

In that regards i have been blessed. The network cards (excluding wireless) worked for me in almost every machine that i got my hands on.

I can understand that doing a 'blind' buy is somewhat of a risk.

If you have the resources it would be easier if you could test it first. What i normally do when i want a piece of hardware for aros is try to get my hands on such hardware in another machine (neighbour, work, school, demo-parties).

Then i stick in my AROS usb stick (or cd/dvd) and boot aros to test or identify the hardware (latter could also be done using linux.windows). Ofcourse testing the hardware already tells you if it works or not

When doing an identification you write down the vendor and product id (pci-tool in aros) and check in the pci-devicelist (or check compatibility in our hardware list) what exact hardware is in there (and check against our hardware-list). The other way around is also possible ofcourse (you see a piece of hardware you like and try to find the product in the pci-list and lookup their id's in the database and check against our aros hardware-list. Although this is not always 100% fullproof as internal chips tend to change overtime in products being sold).

Then i do a search on this board for the product id (or product name) and see what others mention about it (if it works or not, did they run into troubles).

Unlukily this way of doing things is a bit tedious and as mentioned not always 100% fullproof but is imo the best way of checking things before actually buying them.

Having a big(ger) network of people (read computers ) around you helps a lot ofcourse. Most people i know also don't mind swapping their old(er) (aros-compatible) hardware for a newer piece that i've just bought

in the hope it was somehow usefull,

Posted on: 2013/3/2 9:01

From Marseille
Group:
wow, amazing answer.

I tried almost blindly for the

TP-LINK 3269 rev 3 board (pci)

as it is written on the list you gave me before that it works with rev 3.2 it was a little bit stressing.
fortunately this board is not expensive (15e) and ...

it worked perfectly.

:)

we can add this in the compatibility list.

what happened is : amitcp didn't reset on the fly (as always) and needed aros to be restarted. then i got a "write error" crash, and then reseted the comp', and got the cnx in automatic.
didn't try yet with manual config, but it should be ok.

thanx.

Posted on: 2013/3/4 2:41

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.