Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

un demande pas directement lié à AROS : besoin d'un disque démo AGA 68k pour tester un A1200

From Marseille
Group:
Salut,

Je sais que ce n'est pas du pur aros mais j'aurais besoin d'un *vrai* disque de démo amiga pour tester un 1200 AGA sans expansion (juste 2Mo de Chip).

Je peux renvoyer le disque par la suite.

A moins qu'il ne soit possible *sans amiga* de créer un disque à partir d'un ADF. J'ai cherché sur le net, mais je n'ai pas trouvé.

Amicalement,
OAN3.

Posted on: 2013/3/4 2:45

Re: un demande pas directement lié à AROS : besoin d'un disque démo AGA 68k pour tester un A1200

From cote d'or
Group:
coucou on peux recréer un adf d'apres pc mais je ne me souviens plus comment! demande sur amiga impact ils savent tout ou presque sur l'amiga :)

Posted on: 2013/3/4 4:21
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: un demande pas directement lié à AROS : besoin d'un disque démo AGA 68k pour tester un A1200

Group:
Hi oan3,

Me again with my english

afaik, you have a chicken and egg problem and it is not possible to write/prepare amigadisk on a pc unless you have a specific controller for that.

So, indeed that leaves you with a few options left, one of them being getting a floppy from someone else

If it is just for a quick test to see if the machine is ok then perhaps that's the easiest/cheapest solution. isn't there a local amiga computer club you could contact in order to quickly obtain a boot-disk ? (dunno how big your 'village' is ;-p )

If you want to invest more time (or the amiga is already your machine) then you might want to invest in a sd-card reader/adapter for the pcmcia/cf slot or ide-slot.

Here is a blog from someone that prepared a sd-card as harddisk for his amiga 1200 using winuae.

regards,

Posted on: 2013/3/4 4:49

From Brindisi (Italy)
Group:
If you need to create a floppy with a real A1200, this is not a problem, just burn the files. ADF on a CD or other IDE device to be connected in an A1200. You can do it with only A1200, basically divided in two files. ADF copy them into RAM, and put them together with TSGui write the ADF on a real floppy. I enclose my two videos showing how to launch and TSGui ADFBlitzer and write an ADF, the video file is on HD, but you'll have to use a CD or other IDE device.

-----------------------------------------------------

Se devi creare un reale floppy con un A1200, questo non è un problema, basta masterizzare il File .ADF su un CD o altro dispositivo IDE da collegare all'interno di un A1200. E possibile farlo anche con il solo A1200, in pratica spezzi in due i file .ADF li copi in RAM, li unisci e con TSGui scrivi il file ADF su un reale Floppy. Allego due miei video che mostrano come lanciare TSGui e ADFBlitzer e scrivere un file ADF, nel video il file si trova su HD, tu invece dovrai usare un CD o altra periferica IDE.

-------------------------------------------

Write ADF files with a single Mega Memory with TSGui

MFormat and ADFBlitzer from Amiga DOS

Posted on: 2013/3/4 5:28

Group:
Quote:
amiga wrote:
If you need to create a floppy with a real A1200

You are correct (ofcourse).

But according to his post (if i understood correcly), his problem is having an amiga without OS (and no other amiga around) ....

Posted on: 2013/3/4 5:33

From Brindisi (Italy)
Group:
To perform TSGui not need to have an operating system, just format a floppy, initialize it to make bottabile, then back up and TSGui mathieeedoubbas.library.
Did this just start the floppy and run TSGui (can also create a Stratup-seqence). Another on a floppy would copy the ADF (if exceeds the 880k must break) and copy it to RAM (A1200 with 2 Mega Memory).
--------------------------------------------------
Per eseguire TSGui non serve avere un Sistema Operativo, basta formattare un floppy, inizializzarlo per renderlo bottabile, poi copiare solo TSGui e mathieeedoubbas.library.
Fatto questo basta avviare il floppy ed eseguire TSGui (può anche creare una Stratup-seqence). Su un un'altro floppy dovrà copiare il file ADF (se supera 880k lo deve spezzare) e copiarlo in RAM (A1200 a 2 Mega di Memoria).

Posted on: 2013/3/4 6:30

Group:
@amiga:

I think we misunderstand eachother or i do not know what tsgui is

Quote:
To perform TSGui not need to have an operating system

Strange. When i look at the TSgui program on aminet it tells me:
Quote:
Requires: Amiga executables of GZIP (68K or PPC) and DMS
Architecture: m68k-amigaos >= 1.2.0

And i guess it is an amiga executable.

Quote:
just format a floppy

How do you format a floppy in amigaformat without an amiga OS to actually perform a format command ?

Quote:
initialize it to make bottabile,

Same as previous answer.

Quote:
then back up and TSGui mathieeedoubbas.library.

How to copy that library onto disk ?

Quote:
Did this just start the floppy and run TSGui

The floppy is still not amiga bootable. Remeber it was not possible to write a bootblock to the disk in the first place becuase of the missing amiga OS.

Quote:
(can also create a Stratup-seqence).

Same answer as previous answer

Quote:
Another on a floppy would copy the ADF (if exceeds the 880k must break) and copy it to RAM (A1200 with 2 Mega Memory).

If all off the above would work then i agree with you

In a (miserable) attempt to make us understand eachother
The following is in your possesion or missing:
1. One amiga without OS. It does not boot, it does nothing when you turn it on, other then showing the bootscreen.
2. No bootfloppy to boot from
3. No Amiga Operating system.

Item 3 is solvable if not legit then otherwise.
Item 2 is impossible to solve without having a working amiga or a controller for the PC to write amiga-floppy
or
Item 2 is solvable by getting a HD, hook it up in the pc and prepare it with winUAE and/or appropiate tools.

Therefore item 1 is unsolvable.

Ofcourse i assume here that there is no HD/CD in his amiga and does not have another amiga. Why would he ask for a bootfloppy (and only a bootfloppy) otherwise ?

Or do you mean that with your solution:
- i can format a floppy on my pc (FAT12)
- write a bootblock to the floppy with my pc (again FAT12)
- download TSGUI from aminet and extract it
- copy TSGUI on the floppy
- put the disk in the amiga
- amiga automagically boots from prepared floppy ?

Sorry for any miscommunication (we seem to have that a lot )

Posted on: 2013/3/4 7:17

From Marseille
Group:
Quote:

magorium wrote:
Quote:
amiga wrote:
If you need to create a floppy with a real A1200

You are correct (ofcourse).

But according to his post (if i understood correcly), his problem is having an amiga without OS (and no other amiga around) ....

that's exactly that.

i'll try the address and phone numbers you gave me, but i don't count on it, i think most of those are inactive :(

to answer one of your previous questions, my village is Marseille, and is almost 1M people big :)

so, i did know most of the path to make an amiga disk, except the SAN-DISK installation trick. That is really nice.

What I want today is have a look to the capabilities of the amiga i'm waiting for, "without losing a penny" right now. There is not a better way to demonstrate that an A1200 is working than launching a demo, it's done for that : gfx, sound, special chipset use ...

And most of all : it's pure pleasure.

When I'll know that the amiga works well, i'll buy HD, pcmcia wireless network card, parnet cable, fast ram... , "et tout le toutim" to enhance it.

Cheers

Posted on: 2013/3/4 10:46

From Brindisi (Italy)
Group:
Well just an old floppy Game (Amiga DOS), you just empty it, in old floppy game, almost always include the commands you need to work, in addition to those residents.

A floppy Amiga empty if it has been practiced install, you start with a shell, you can type commands.

TSGui is also compatible with the Kick 1.3 and requires very little memory to work in the movie is shown that an A600 with 1 Meg of RAM, can write an ADF.

-----------------------------------------------------

Basta pure un vecchio floppy Gioco(Amiga DOS), bisogna solo svuotarlo, nei vecchi floppy Gioco, quasi sempre sono inclusi i comandi necessari per lavorare, oltre a quelli residenti.

Un floppy AMiGA vuoto se è stato praticato l'install, si avvia con una shell e si possono digitare i comandi.

TSGui è compatibile anche con il Kick 1.3 e necessita di pochissima memoria per lavorare, nel filmato è dimostrato che anche un A600 con 1 Mega di RAM, può scrivere un file ADF.

Posted on: 2013/3/4 10:52

From Brindisi (Italy)
Group:
Ci sarebbe un'altro sistema che non ho testato, pare sia possibile vedere i floppy AMiGA su WinUAE con 2 driver collegati internamente sulla motherboard del PC, funziona solo il primo floppy drive, il secondo viene ignorato anche se presente, leggere i link allegati, per capirci qualcosa di più:

----------------------------------------------------

There would be another system that I have tested, it seems that you can see on the Amiga WinUAE floppy driver with 2 internally connected on the motherboard of the PC, it only works the first floppy drive, the second is ignored even if present, read the enclosed link, to understand something more:

fdrawcmd.sys

Write CBM disk in IBM floppy drive?

Disk2FDI

Posted on: 2013/3/4 11:16

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.