Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
2 user(s) are online (2 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 1

OlafS3, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Zune Problems

From Germany
Group:
Hi,

on my LCL implementation I met some not implemented features and I would like to ask whats the Status and plan for this things.

1. "MUIA_Menuitem_ShortCut" in combination with "MUIA_Menuitem_CommandString" to show a non Amiga-Key combination at a Menuitem. (it still tries to show as Amiga combination with the first char of MUIA_Menuitem_ShortCut)

2. MUIA_Window_LeftEdge,MUIA_Window_TopEdge does not trigger an event if an event is connected (MUIV_EveryTime) and the window is moved

3. MUIA_Window_Width,MUIA_Window_Height does not trigger an event if an event is connected (MUIV_EveryTime) and the window is resized

4. MUIM_Application_CheckRefresh does nothing, but needed to let Zune windows repaint under a Dialog window. (MUI_AslRequest or so)

Thanks.

Posted on: 2015/4/6 9:51
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

No Account
Re: Zune Problems
Guest_No Account
You would be best to log them on the bug tracker (if they don't exist already)

Posted on: 2015/4/6 13:03

From Germany
Group:
I asked ncafferkey on IRC, and he said AE-Thread would be ok

Posted on: 2015/4/7 23:39

From Germany
Group:
5. MUIA_String_EditHook is not set, if you read it back you always get a 0, the hook is never called.

6. MUIA_String_LonelyEditHook is not set, if you read it back you always get a 0 (FALSE), has no effect at all.

P.S. strange both are marked as implemented: http://aros.sourceforge.net/de/introduction/status/string.php
but seems not to work

Posted on: 2015/4/14 9:26

Group:
@ncafferkey

Sorry, that I just use this old thread. But I wanted to ask you, if these problems are solved? And if the zune bounty is still "work in progress"? (the last status update on the homepage was 2016)

Posted on: 5/22 5:03

From Germany
Group:
@aha:

Did you really expected an answer? :-O

The Problem 1 I fixed myself a while before, the rest is still present.
And because there was no reaction to it, I basically gave up to test and report such stuff.
It makes cross-platform programming MUI/Zune very annoying, but seems nobody cares.

Posted on: 5/22 23:15

Group:
@ALB42

This update is not what I'd like to read.

@ncafferkey

Please, take a look at these problems asap, if not already done. I appreciate your work on Aros in many areas, but I think that Zune is too important for Aros as a whole and the Zune-Fix-Bounty is too long overdue, that it would be too sad to wait another year for fixes that a developer asked for. I can understand, if the work on the Zune-Fix-Bounty is to much for you atm, but please give an answer to the zune problems that ALB42 described.

I hope that my request is not considered by you as too much pressure. I think your work on Aros is great and I hope you can finish the Zune Fix Bounty rather sooner than later.

Posted on: 5/24 6:16

From Ireland
Group:
@ALB42

I'm sorry I didn't respond to your questions, but I think your aggression is uncalled for. I'm pulled in a hundred different directions regarding AROS (which also has to compete with the demands of real life), so sometimes things fall off my radar.

I can't remember now, but I was probably hoping to give you a good answer to your questions by investigating first, rather than just giving an unhelpful "I don't know". Certainly that's why I didn't respond to aha until now.

@aha

I worked on finishing Zune for many months, but it's a huge job, so I only made progress in the areas I concentrated on. The edit hooks mentioned are quite a complex topic AFAIR, and I haven't fixed them yet. I'd still like to finish Zune, but if there's someone who feels they could do it faster by concentrating exclusively on Zune instead of other parts of AROS, they're welcome to take over.

Posted on: 5/24 13:44

From Germany
Group:
@ncafferkey

Sorry, I did not mean to attack you (or anyone else).. don't read that as aggression... more as resignation.

Sure, the event stuff is hard... but the first problem... as I said, after a while I got so much bugged by it that I tried to fix it myself....

You know what it means, if _I_ was able to fix that? .... right ... it was trivial like hell. That means nobody even looked at it, which somewhat spoiled the fun of actually do coding for AROS.

Posted on: 5/24 14:28

Edited by ALB42 on 2018/5/24 23:07:06

From Norway
Group:
I remember autour or MUI - Stefan Stuntz
came forward and said we can use his version. I remember it was rejected since we after all these years we implemented almost everything ourself.

I don't know if that is of any use ?

We could maybe talk to him about using the parts we have not implemented?

Maybe even the Zune bounty could be shared somehow between Neil and Stefan?

https://power2people.org/projects/zune-enhancement/

Posted on: 5/25 2:39

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.