Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

lsusb -> "Please use c:loadresource"

Group:
Hi ppl,

lsusb should display connected devices right? but i get "Please use c:loadresource"

whats the correct way of using "lsusb" on aros?

thanks.

Posted on: 2015/4/24 3:01
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: lsusb -> "Please use c:loadresource"

From Clausthal-Zellerfeld, Germany
Group:
Quote:

serk118uk wrote:
Hi ppl,

lsusb should display connected devices right? but i get "Please use c:loadresource"

thanks.

lsusb was part of my old USB stack used in AROS until it was removed and replaced by Poseidon. I don't know if poseidon has similar tool for command line.

Edit: Here is the last svn revision with this tool in AROS tree:
https://trac.aros.org/trac/browser/ARO ... ls/lsusb/main.c?rev=36079

Posted on: 2015/4/24 3:51

From Sunny Finland
Group:
Back in then one needed to load the usb stack using the c:loadresource (michalsc original usb stack), I added the line as I often forgot to do so.

As far as I know Poseidon doesn't have that kind of command line function, instead Trident is used to inspect attached devices.

Posted on: 2015/4/24 6:37

Group:
Quote:

michalsc wrote:
Quote:

serk118uk wrote:
Hi ppl,

thanks.

lsusb was part of my old USB stack used in AROS until it was removed and replaced by Poseidon. I don't know if poseidon has similar tool for command line.

Edit: Here is the last svn revision with this tool in AROS tree:
https://trac.aros.org/trac/browser/ARO ... ls/lsusb/main.c?rev=36079

Thanks for the link but I can not browse that link with current AROS OWB,

I found a old but unknown name usb webcam and wanted to get endpoint using lsusb and see if i can get that running on AROS while learning how to get usb web cams to works..

Posted on: 2015/5/2 5:53

Group:
Quote:

DizzyOfCRN wrote:
Back in then one needed to load the usb stack using the c:loadresource (michalsc original usb stack), I added the line as I often forgot to do so.

As far as I know Poseidon doesn't have that kind of command line function, instead Trident is used to inspect attached devices.

Poseidon doesn't give much info..

Posted on: 2015/5/2 5:54

From Sunny Finland
Group:
Trident gives all the information about the endpoints.

For USB cameras to work you would need to implement isochronous transfers and uvc.class (preferable)

There is not much work involved getting the isochronous transfers just code a isochronous scheduler and throw them at the periodic list.

See page 48 https://www.mindshare.com/files/resour ... Share_EHCI_whitepaper.pdf

Posted on: 2015/5/2 8:50

Group:
How isochronous transfer was added to NetBSD (along with an API to control the cam) and successful output to mplayer:

http://netbsd-soc.sourceforge.net/projects/uvc/NetBSD-UVC.html

Posted on: 2015/5/2 15:07

Group:
@DizzyOfCRN
thanks downloaded the pdf..

@cybergorf
I recently ported ffmpeg and seen a option to bring webcam to AROS via ffmpeg capture webcam but did not know where to start and the link may help me progress..

Thank you for the links.

I will play about until i understand or give up if not.

Posted on: 2015/5/3 5:58

From Sunny Finland
Group:
It is not quite so easy to implement isochronous transfers, it all boils down to the scheduler, rest is just programming the hardware.

Scheduler has to maintain the bandwidth for the devices, if device is connected directly to the roothub then the device can have much more bandwidth than one behind non roothub hub. Then it needs to share the bandwidth with other devices connected to that non roothub hub.

Scheduler should be dynamic, for example if some device connected to non roothub hub uses just INT transfers and some other device connected to the same non roothub hub has ISO transfers then the device using ISO can have more bandwidth, but if both use ISO transfers then the scheduler needs to share the bandwidth between the two.

It is the usb driver code that lacks the isochronous transfer methods, Poseidon just instructs the driver to open INT/BULK/ISO "endpoint"

Sheduler needs to calculate the bandwidth for a device starting from the roothub, roothub's speed depends on the controller. Then the scheduler needs to take into account all the other devices connected to the same roothub and their allocated bandwidth there may be a chain of hubs and the device may be in anyone of the chained hub port.

For dynamic isochronous scheduler one could patch psdAllocPipe() and psdFreePipe() and from there calculate the bandwidth limits. One nice side effect is that if there is not enough bandwidth then it will return an error and application/class driver can choose another configuration with lower bandwidth.

I do not know the reason why there is no isochronous transfer, but I'd like to know... :(

In xHCI the isochronous scheduling is done in hardware if I'm not mistaken totally. I would forget the UHCI and OHCI controllers alltogether and implement isochronous transfers in eHCI and xHCI

Posted on: 2015/5/3 6:16

Group:
well looks like NetBSD was/is lacking a scheduler as well:

"The NetBSD USB ehci driver can not handle isochronous devices (required for audio), but the ohci driver can. Unfortunately, it also appears that NetBSD can not handle an attached hub with the ohci driver, so you can't plug the USB audio device into a hub - it must be plugged directly into one of the two USB ports on the back of the device."

https://wiki.netbsd.org/tutorials/how_ ... d_usb_audio_to_the_nslu2/

well - for just one webcam or just one isochronous transfer device without a hub it might work without scheduling...

Posted on: 2015/5/3 14:12

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.