Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users



(1) 2 3 4 5 »


Error linking binary - Milkytracker for AROS ABI-v1

Joined:
2016/8/9 0:17
From Sweden
Group:
Member
Posts: 27
Offline
It currently builds fine but I get the following error:
Quote:
==== Building milkytracker (release_i386-aros) ====
Linking milkytracker
There are undefined symbols in '../bin/milkytracker':
U pthread_cond_broadcast /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libstdc++-v3/include/i386-aros/bits/gthr-default.h:852
U pthread_cond_wait /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libstdc++-v3/include/i386-aros/bits/gthr-default.h:864
U pthread_getspecific /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libstdc++-v3/include/i386-aros/bits/gthr-default.h:719
U pthread_key_create /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libstdc++-v3/include/i386-aros/bits/gthr-default.h:707
U pthread_key_delete /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libstdc++-v3/include/i386-aros/bits/gthr-default.h:713
U pthread_mutex_lock /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libgcc/./gthr-default.h:748
U pthread_mutex_unlock /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libgcc/./gthr-default.h:778
U pthread_once /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libgcc/./gthr-default.h:699
U pthread_setspecific /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libstdc++-v3/include/i386-aros/bits/gthr-default.h:725
make[1]: *** [milkytracker.make:501: ../bin/milkytracker] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:49: milkytracker] Error 2


What's up with that? I built AROS from the svn repo, and I'm using my source I've used for the ports to AmigaOS 3.x, AmigaOS 4.x and MorphOS: https://github.com/AmigaPorts/MilkyTracker

Posted on: 5/5 9:18

Edited by Marlon on 2018/5/6 5:33:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Error linking binary - Milkytracker for AROS ABI-v0

Joined:
2010/12/23 9:12
Group:
Member
Posts: 56
Offline
What part is building fine, then?

Mysha

Posted on: 5/5 16:13
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Error linking binary - Milkytracker for AROS ABI-v0

Joined:
2004/3/29 9:54
From Scotland "The Cold"
Group:
Member
Posts: 2139
Offline
Quote:

Marlon wrote:
It currently builds fine but I get the following error:
[QUOTE]==== Building milkytracker (release_i386-aros) ====
Linking milkytracker
There are undefined symbols in '../bin/milkytracker':
U pthread_cond_broadcast /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libstdc++-v3/include/i386-aros/bits/gthr-default.h:852
U pthread_cond_wait /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libstdc++-v3/include/i386-aros/bits/gthr-default.h:864
U pthread_getspecific /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libstdc++-v3/include/i386-aros/bits/gthr-default.h:719
U pthread_key_create /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libstdc++-v3/include/i386-aros/bits/gthr-default.h:707
U pthread_key_delete /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libstdc++-v3/include/i386-aros/bits/gthr-default.h:713
U pthread_mutex_lock /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libgcc/./gthr-default.h:748
U pthread_mutex_unlock /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libgcc/./gthr-default.h:778
U pthread_once /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libgcc/./gthr-default.h:699
U pthread_setspecific /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libstdc++-v3/include/i386-aros/bits/gthr-default.h:725
make[1]: *** [milkytracker.make:501: ../bin/milkytracker] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:49: milkytracker] Error 2[/QUOTE]

What's up with that? I built AROS from the svn repo,


If you are building trunk, then it is ABI v1. A couple of details in your output suggest this is the case.

Quote:

and I'm using my source I've used for the ports to AmigaOS 3.x, AmigaOS 4.x and MorphOS: https://github.com/AmigaPorts/MilkyTracker



You need to add -static-libstdc++

Posted on: 5/5 18:43

Edited by Kalamatee on 2018/5/5 20:11:48
_________________
Click to see original Image in a new window
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Error linking binary - Milkytracker for AROS ABI-v0

Joined:
2004/10/30 17:13
From Ireland
Group:
Member
Posts: 2776
Offline
Have you built it this way successfully in the past? It might be easier to build within hosted AROS or with the SDK.

Posted on: 5/5 18:46
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Error linking binary - Milkytracker for AROS ABI-v0

Joined:
2016/8/9 0:17
From Sweden
Group:
Member
Posts: 27
Offline
Quote:

ncafferkey wrote:
Have you built it this way successfully in the past? It might be easier to build within hosted AROS or with the SDK.

No, this is the first time trying. :)

I already have a setup for AmigaOS 3.x, AmigaOS 4.x and MorphOS, and I'd prefer to do everything the same way.

I just followed Wawa's guide in this thread: http://aros-exec.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=10828

Quote:

Kalamatee wrote:
Quote:

Marlon wrote:
It currently builds fine but I get the following error:
[QUOTE]==== Building milkytracker (release_i386-aros) ====
Linking milkytracker
There are undefined symbols in '../bin/milkytracker':
U pthread_cond_broadcast /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libstdc++-v3/include/i386-aros/bits/gthr-default.h:852
U pthread_cond_wait /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libstdc++-v3/include/i386-aros/bits/gthr-default.h:864
U pthread_getspecific /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libstdc++-v3/include/i386-aros/bits/gthr-default.h:719
U pthread_key_create /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libstdc++-v3/include/i386-aros/bits/gthr-default.h:707
U pthread_key_delete /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libstdc++-v3/include/i386-aros/bits/gthr-default.h:713
U pthread_mutex_lock /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libgcc/./gthr-default.h:748
U pthread_mutex_unlock /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libgcc/./gthr-default.h:778
U pthread_once /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libgcc/./gthr-default.h:699
U pthread_setspecific /opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/gen/host/tools/crosstools/gcc/i386-aros/libstdc++-v3/include/i386-aros/bits/gthr-default.h:725
make[1]: *** [milkytracker.make:501: ../bin/milkytracker] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:49: milkytracker] Error 2[/QUOTE]

What's up with that? I built AROS from the svn repo,


If you are building trunk, then it is ABI v1. A couple of details in your output suggest this is the case.

Quote:

and I'm using my source I've used for the ports to AmigaOS 3.x, AmigaOS 4.x and MorphOS: https://github.com/AmigaPorts/MilkyTracker



You need to add -static-libstdc++


Didn't realize that was ABI-v1. The (very dated) website (aros.org) is very confusing regarding this matter. I'd suggest a total revamp of the site, but I know there's very few devs.

I'd help with such a task if I wasn't already swamped with other projects already.

And thanks for letting me know about -static-libstdc++ :)

Posted on: 5/6 5:22
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Error linking binary - Milkytracker for AROS ABI-v0

Joined:
2016/8/9 0:17
From Sweden
Group:
Member
Posts: 27
Offline
It links without issue now! Thank you!

Binary available here: https://www.eevul.net/amiga/ports/milkytracker/

Posted on: 5/6 5:32
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Error linking binary - Milkytracker for AROS ABI-v0

Joined:
2010/8/30 7:20
Group:
Member
Posts: 1117
Offline
need to check if it compiles for m68k abiv1. the source is in your repo? you have an aros mmakefile too?

Posted on: 5/6 7:57
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Error linking binary - Milkytracker for AROS ABI-v0

Joined:
2016/8/9 0:17
From Sweden
Group:
Member
Posts: 27
Offline
Quote:

wawa wrote:
need to check if it compiles for m68k abiv1. the source is in your repo? you have an aros mmakefile too?


No, there's no mmakefile. I simply use premake4 to make the Makefiles. I have done some minor changes in my premake4.lua file to make it compile for AROS-ABIv1:

Quote:
configuration "i386-aros"
buildoptions "-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-exceptions -static-libstdc++ -s"
linkoptions { "-lpthread", "-static-libstdc++" }
includedirs { "/opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-i386/AROS/Extras/Developer/include", "/opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/tools/crosstools/lib/gcc/i386-aros/6.3.0/include-fixed", "./src/ppui/osinterface/amiga",
"./src/ppui/osinterface/sdl-1.2", "./src/ppui/osinterface/posix" }
libdirs { "" }
defines { "AMIGA", "__AMIGA__", "AROS", "aros", "__AROS__", "__aros__" }


you could add m68k-aros as a build option with the right paths, then execute "build_gmake" to generate the Makefiles.

You could contribute to the effort by explaining how a mmakefile works and add it to the repo.

Posted on: 5/6 8:05
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Error linking binary - Milkytracker for AROS ABI-v0

Joined:
2004/3/29 9:54
From Scotland "The Cold"
Group:
Member
Posts: 2139
Offline
Quote:

Marlon wrote:
Quote:

wawa wrote:
need to check if it compiles for m68k abiv1. the source is in your repo? you have an aros mmakefile too?


No, there's no mmakefile. I simply use premake4 to make the Makefiles. I have done some minor changes in my premake4.lua file to make it compile for AROS-ABIv1:

Quote:
configuration "i386-aros"
buildoptions "-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-exceptions -static-libstdc++ -s"
linkoptions { "-lpthread", "-static-libstdc++" }
includedirs { "/opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-i386/AROS/Extras/Developer/include", "/opt/x86-aros/bin/linux-x86_64/tools/crosstools/lib/gcc/i386-aros/6.3.0/include-fixed", "./src/ppui/osinterface/amiga",
"./src/ppui/osinterface/sdl-1.2", "./src/ppui/osinterface/posix" }
libdirs { "" }
defines { "AMIGA", "__AMIGA__", "AROS", "aros", "__AROS__", "__aros__" }


you could add m68k-aros as a build option with the right paths, then execute "build_gmake" to generate the Makefiles.

You could contribute to the effort by explaining how a mmakefile works and add it to the repo.



mmakefile.src's are "glorified" makefiles. They are parsed by metamake and have macros defined in our make.tmpl file expanded, to simplify writing makefiles for all the different supported AROS targets. They also do a minimal dependency tracking using the meta-targets.

A basic one that just compiles some binary from some C files (e.g. like the DClock binary someone was trying to build) would look like this ..

# Copyright © 2018, The AROS Development Team. All rights reserved.
# $Id$

include $(SRCDIR)/config/aros.cfg

FILES   
:= Main Window Draw SetAlarm
EXEDIR  
:= $(AROS_TOOLS)

#MM- local-dclock : local-dclock-binary

%build_prog mmake=local-dclock-binary 
    progname
=DClock targetdir=$(EXEDIR
    
files=$(FILES)

%
common



.. and typing "make local-dclock" in the top level AROS build directory, would make it.


Posted on: 5/6 12:44

Edited by Kalamatee on 2018/5/6 13:47:52
_________________
Click to see original Image in a new window
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer


Re: Error linking binary - Milkytracker for AROS ABI-v1

Joined:
2007/4/16 6:26
From Norway
Group:
Member
Posts: 3962
Offline
I tried to run the .exe from i386 abi v.1

I get this from output window.

Your CPU is a 68000. Has FPU? No
Sorry, you need minimum a 68040 processor with FPU to run this application!

That was funny :D


Posted on: 5/6 12:44
_________________
www.aspireos.com
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer



(1) 2 3 4 5 »



You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]


Search
Top Posters
1 paolone
paolone
4404
2 magorium
magorium
4095
3 nikolaos
nikolaos
3962
4 phoenixkonsole
phoenixkonsole
3903
5 deadwood
deadwood
2917
6 ncafferkey
ncafferkey
2776
7 mazze
mazze
2221
8 Kalamatee
Kalamatee
2139
9 clusteruk
clusteruk
2112
10 damocles
damocles
1789
© 2004-2018 AROS Exec