Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
2 user(s) are online (2 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 1

oGALAXYo, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Odyssey Web Browser wishlist ]: WebGL & dependencies necessary for use of Babylon.js & three.js

From Astoria, Oregon
Group:
Wishlist for Odyssey Web Browser for Icaros Desktop/AROS:

WebGL and other dependencies needed for being able to process web pages & web content that uses Babylon.js, Three.js, and WebGL scripts.

There is a project I am working on which I would be interested in having AROS/Icaros Desktop supported as a platform via Odyssey Web Browser as I would be interested in packaging a slightly customized version of it as the "client". I'm not familiar enough with the source code of Odyssey Web Browser enough to do all that myself. I could slightly customize its look & appearance and pre-configure it for use as the client software as I would Mozilla Firefox but I think being able to process WebGL, three.js, and Babylon.js and other javascripts (full javascript implementation) would be useful for others than just my own project.

Posted on: 7/6 11:23
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: [Odyssey Web Browser wishlist ]: WebGL & dependencies necessary for use of Babylon.js & three.js

From Astoria, Oregon
Group:
Since the engine is based on WebKit, it might be updating to the current version (preview version is up to WebGL 2 so that is good) so it will be a good starting point.

I'll have to have a look but if we can successfully update to the current WebKit, it should be able to be supported.

Posted on: 7/6 11:46

Re: [Odyssey Web Browser wishlist ]: WebGL & dependencies necessary for use of Babylon.js & three.js

From Astoria, Oregon
Group:
If someone knows: Is the version of WebKit used in Odyssey Web Browser based on WebKitGTK+ source code or one of the other WebKit source 'fork'?

Posted on: 7/6 12:28

Group:
webkit svn obviously.

but there has been lot of changes, both in odyssey as well as in webkit since latest revision odyssey was based on. also stuctural changes. so it may be a major issue to implement all that, have only slightly looked at it. while working on getting odyssey run on aros platforms besides i386.
odyssey-files-r187682.diff:
Quote:

Files /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/bmalloc/bmalloc/Chunk.h and /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/WebKit/Source/bmalloc/bmalloc/Chunk.h differ
Files /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/bmalloc/bmalloc/Line.h and /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/WebKit/Source/bmalloc/bmalloc/Line.h differ
Files /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/bmalloc/bmalloc/SuperChunk.h and /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/WebKit/Source/bmalloc/bmalloc/SuperChunk.h differ
Only in /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/cmake: AROS.cmake
Files /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/cmake/OptionsCommon.cmake and /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/WebKit/Source/cmake/OptionsCommon.cmake differ
Only in /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/cmake: OptionsMUI.cmake
Files /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/OdysseyWebBrowser/Source/cmake/WebKitHelpers.cmake and /home/wawa/AROS-source/AROS/local/WebKit/Source/cmake/WebKitHelpers.cmake differ

Attach file:

diff odyssey-files-r187682.diff Size: 34.87 KB; Hits: 6

Posted on: 7/6 14:48

From Astoria, Oregon
Group:
Quote:

wawa wrote:
webkit svn obviously.

but there has been lot of changes, both in odyssey as well as in webkit since latest revision odyssey was based on. also stuctural changes. so it may be a major issue to implement all that, have only slightly looked at it. while working on getting odyssey run on aros platforms besides i386.

Thanks for the feedback. I have the current Webkit SVN source. Of course there is some stuff in the package that isn't in the Odyssey Web Browser source which I imagine was never included in the OWB source as they were not needed or critical then there was the OWB browser source and MUI stuff. With a little bit of rearranging of directories, I think there would need to be some modification on that front. That's just the easy drudgery.

Then comes the harder "fuuuuuuun" stuff !!!!

Posted on: 7/6 16:48

Group:
it wont just be rearranging the directories. one will have to diff the files one by one, determine what changes were done to adopt the engine to aros api and to mui frontend (gluecode) and what was just done to satisfy compiler complaints and has probably been taken care of anyway in the newer engine version. one will also have to track the history of rearrangement of the code, adopt paths, includes and cmakelists.

here s my current souce, that builds within aros toolchain:
https://github.com/wawatok/OdysseyWebB ... r/commits/odyssey-r187682
you can try to build upon this.

Posted on: 7/6 17:11

Group:
an intelligent tool to compare dirs, even three folds, will be handy in that task. i use meld on linux but its a bit slow.

Posted on: 7/6 17:12

From Astoria, Oregon
Group:
Quote:

wawa wrote:
it wont just be rearranging the directories. one will have to diff the files one by one, determine what changes were done to adopt the engine to aros api and to mui frontend (gluecode) and what was just done to satisfy compiler complaints and has probably been taken care of anyway in the newer engine version. one will also have to track the history of rearrangement of the code, adopt paths, includes and cmakelists.

here s my current souce, that builds within aros toolchain:
https://github.com/wawatok/OdysseyWebB ... r/commits/odyssey-r187682
you can try to build upon this.

With regards to r187682 release:

There appears to be some references to WebGL (v1) and WebGL2. WebGL v1 has been awhile.

I'm looking for where it is in the Webkit source code the key files. There maybe an experimental edition of WebGL2 which can be used and maybe supplanted with a newer version later after tests and a few spots I know that can be worked on in the code to enable it because in the MUI, it is disabled but it might be able to be enabled.

This will require testing as well. We might be able to start here with that release version of Webkit.

Posted on: 7/6 18:12

From Astoria, Oregon
Group:
As I sift through it, the components for WebGL v1 appears to be there in ANGLE from what I can tell. There was beginning implementation for WebGL2 but WebGL2 wasn't finalized until about 2017 while this release is dated about 2015/2016. It would be a start anyway if we can get even WebGL v1 supported and working on AROS.

Posted on: 7/6 18:45

From Astoria, Oregon
Group:
Lets make sure I get the toolchain setup right. Primarily, the computer used in Windows.

Have to get around to setting up a Linux setup but it's kind of crowded here in a way and I already have a bunch of classic computers and I have to make sure the equipment is setup. My main system has high end graphic cards like the geforce 1080gtx.

It would be preferable to me to be able to work from within this Windows 10 system at this time so I would need make sure I have the appropriate toolchain for AROS from within the Windows operating system. I know it isn't Linux but I rather not have to reboot system to boot into Linux.

Posted on: 7/6 20:20

(1) 2 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.