Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Who's Online
1 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 1

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

up to date lodepaint ?

From dax (landes, france)
Group:
Hi,

I've seen that lodepaint's got a new windows version, based on very recent build (may 2012).

Is it possible to have this ported on aros ?

I like this software a lot. The only issue I found is that the overview window cannot be easily set (as far as I know)in 100%

thanks

Posted on: 2012/6/7 10:20
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: up to date lodepaint ?

From Germany
Group:
I'm getting a strange error:

src/lpi/os/lpi_clipboard.cpp: In function 'bool lpi::setClipboardString(const std::string&)':
src/lpi/os/lpi_clipboard.cpp:806: error: 'cout' is not a member of 'std'

line 806 is
std::cout << text;

I didn't have a problem to build a short example.

#include <iostream>

int main(void)
{

std::cout << "tst";
    return 
0;
}

C++ experts to the rescue!

Posted on: 2012/6/8 5:17

Group:
bump ;)

Posted on: 2012/6/15 13:31

Group:
Ive been using Lodepaint a bit recently, and have to admit it's better than I first thought. It's not quite there yet for my needs, but its good enough to cover a bit of what I want out of a 2d art program, and with a bit of work may end up keeping me pretty content.

My two biggest problems with it at the moment is that near as I can tell it's not possible to place a copied section of graphics into another image where you'd like (seems to copy it to a set location in the image). Id be happy for someone to tell me otherwise though.

The other problem is perhaps worse (although the above is nearly a showstopper for me personally), and that is that Lodepaint slows down quite rapidly to a point of being unusable after loading it for the 3rd or 4th time. Even loading and saving graphics slows down quite quickly during 1 session if you do more than a few things with it.

Posted on: 2012/6/16 6:45

Group:
I'll test it and come back later. On a pixel art point of view, the thing I don't like personnaly is the fact I cannot set the preview windows to 100% easily. It would be a nice feature, to work on a pixel art typical format (sprite, or old school formats as 320x240, for example).

Posted on: 2012/6/16 7:08

From Germany
Group:
Grrrrrrr.

After removing the "cout" line I can compile it but at start it prints a lot of messages like this "rom/dos/./fwrite.c, 83: bad pointer: buffer = $7a450f07" to the debugging console.

At exit it crashes in SDL:
#0 0x7b8ec84b in mywaitinit (data=0x7b64b7ec, timeout=10) at /home/mazze/projects/fullaros/aros-src-v0/contrib/SDL/SDL_main/src/thread/aros/SDL_syssem.c:122
#1 0x7b8ecabb in SDL_DestroySemaphore (sem=0x7bbb8f84) at /home/mazze/projects/fullaros/aros-src-v0/contrib/SDL/SDL_main/src/thread/aros/SDL_syssem.c:212
#2 0x7b8ec465 in SDL_DestroyMutex (mutex=0x7bbb8f64) at /home/mazze/projects/fullaros/aros-src-v0/contrib/SDL/SDL_main/src/thread/aros/SDL_sysmutex.c:64

Crash happens in line
data->timereq.tr_node.io_Device = req->tr_node.io_Device;
because
(gdb) p req
$1 = (struct timerequest *) 0x0

Grrrrrr.

Posted on: 2012/6/16 7:21

Group:
Sorry I can't help you on that !

@beezle : I don't understand what you mean ?

If I cut and paste a selected part of one image, I can place it where I want on another image. I just drag the part where I want.

Posted on: 2012/6/16 9:04

Group:
@demether

Ah, great. I tried again, and youre right. Until now Id been trying to move with the move tool (which seems normal to me). Seems weird moving using the selection tool, but so long as it works Im happy.

Now if only the memory leak (Im assuming thats the prob) could be fixed Lodepaint would be a nice, simple 2d art package :)

Posted on: 2012/6/16 9:17

Group:
it 's got really nice pixel art features. It's more something like MTpaint or graphicsdale, than a deluxe paint (or paint) clone. Personaly,it's why I missed this app first : I was thinking about a cheap gimp or photoshop clone. That's not the case : lodepaint is designed to make pixelart, to make specific work, and it 's doing it well.

I especially like the fast on the fly antialiasing feature. Not perfect, but it's helpfull to give fast antialiasing first touches on a sprite or object.

The only thing I don't like for now (since I'm far from masterize it) is the preview window we cannot tune to a fixed size (100%, 200% etc...). Otherwise, it's a good program to design pixel art.

grafx2 is also a really cool program, but hard to masterize since a lot of features are shortcut based. And the interface is not something we see these days : lodepain is more actual, and people will be less afraid of.

But grafx2 's got a unique (as far as I know) feature : you can create custom pixel sizes and screenmodes to emulate amstrad, c64, or amiga hires modes. Great for old school demo-ing, art or games creations.

Posted on: 2012/6/16 9:23

Group:
PaintShop Pro (version 9 upwards it really started to get good, although I used to like the earlier versions too) is my favorite pixel art program, and while somewhat more basic Lodepaint seems to be going in that direction, which for my tastes is great :)

I wasnt aware of the custom pixel sizes, etc. for gfx2... that's actually quite cool. I must admit though Im not particuarly fond of it and will still use Dpaint5, Brilliance (which has the handy ability to use 6 through to 24 bit color palettes (seperate from screen color depth)), PPaint, etc. when I want that type of gfx software.
It's a shame there's no open source graphics software of the quality of things like Photogenics, ImageFX, Art Effects, TV Paint,etc., but they run great under J-UAE apart from a few quirks, so it's no big deal. Earlier versions of Paintshop Pro run under Dosbox quite nicely as well :)

Lots of options, but in my opinion Lodepaint is definately the best native graphics software we have so far, followed by Lunapaint.

Posted on: 2012/6/16 10:13

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.