Google Drive handler for AROS is available on Aminet:
This is a Dos handler allowing easy access to Your Google Drive storage.
Without licence key, the handler acts as a read only volume, and document exporting is disabled. To obtain the licence key, please contact me using my email address. Once licence obtained, full access to all my upcoming handlers is enabled (Dropbox and Google Cloud Print are planned as well). The cost of the license is 10 EUR.
Since there is no installer yet, You need to follow these steps:
1. Copy the entire 'Google' folder to your Devs: from the archive.
2. Visit the following site with a modern browser: https://goo.gl/1K3xoq and copy the given client code into Devs:Google/_client_code (Please note: Every time when You ask new client code, You must delete Devs:Google/_access_token and Devs:Google/_refresh_token files if they exist!)
3. Add the following lines to Your user-startup:
Assign SSLROOT: Devs:Google/.sslroot
Mount GOOGLE: from Devs:Google/google.mountlist
(If somehow You already have SSLROOT: assign, skip that line) That's all. Let's check your installation. Reboot, and open a new CLI window. Type: list google: If everything is fine, after a few seconds You should see the list of files and folders of your GD root. (GD refers to Google Drive in this whole document)
To activate the handler at boot time, change 'activate = 0' to 'activate = 1' in Devs:Google/google.mountlist
If You want to see GD icon on Ambient, upload Disk.info from Devs:Google/.data to Your GD root. In order to upload files You'll need to use a full version of the handler, or a modern browser.
- GD handler is based on libCurl (v7.37.1), and OpenSSL (1.0.2e) You can check the components, and the licence status with this command: list google: at about
- DOpus doesn't follow Amiga programming reference manual, and not support EOF for ACTION_READ. Thus I don't recommend DOpus for exporting documents from GD.
- GD does not allow modification of file contents. If You want to modify a file, make a local copy first, and when You have finished, upload it to your GD.
- GD expects the exact file size for every upload. If You creating a new file, it is empty. Due to this, if You uploading something, the content will be stored into a buffer, and the real upload will occur when the file has been closed. The maximum size of the uploaded file is limited by amount of free RAM.
- OCR (automatic text document export from image, during upload)
- Shared file support
- icon ghosting
- thumbnails as icons for NG systems
- 64 bit actions for NG systems
- change detection (if You operate with GD on other machine too)
- OS4 port (I have no OS4 capable machine yet)
This handler is still in an early stage of development, far from the mature state. It may contain bugs. Please consider this release as a public beta. Any feedback is welcomed.
- Viktor Soponyai alias dh1 from Amiga Mania Magazin,